Monday, June 1, 2009

And what can we decide?

It is well known that the referendum questions offer a considerable range of possibilities to guide the voter in accordance with the results you want. But it is early to speak of question them to do and now we have no clue, beyond, perhaps, of a possible questionnaire very limited: choice a), choice b), as suggest the organizers of the consultation: and go when we have more data.

The problem arises precisely in the absence of non-option, as is clear from the comments of the press and the "i.de.a. Diagonal" I've linked to other entries. Diagonal Avenue is integrally remodeling, yes or yes, to that and Trambaix Trambesòs are, yes or yes, and do they have to move, yes or yes, on the outside and can not be run by underground. Or not, post a question ...

I attended the second of the briefings that have been developed on Saturdays from 10 to 14 hours in Barcelona. It should be scheduled briefings for four hours on Saturday mornings, I do not know to what extent it is a good start to encourage citizen participation, but once there, all the speakers worthwhile heard: and I regret not going recommended care who I asked. But no horse to do battle this issue, because the web "i.de.a. Diagonal" plans (and I hope to refresh concepts) hung sessions (I hope also that the questions from the floor), for now page states that it is collecting the material. And as the foundation of this blog is the use of ICT in processes of social choice, I was fine.

Well, what I was going. At that meeting, a lady, a neighbor of the Diagonal Avenue (now I doubt if the first to speak), stating his preference for that instead of nobody knows how much money you invest in a new Pharaonic work (if I remember correctly the term was not theirs but appeared in other forms of) the project could focus on an adaptation of the current Diagonal Avenue, as we know, the more passable, and devote the remainder going to other needs of the city. There were other opinions coincide among attendees.

But it seems that this is not in the projections of the planners of the consultation process and I think the possibility should be assessed; allow, ultimately, with the money that probably will cost the drafting of projects and improving the road with rest of what is expected to spend, meet other needs.

I would not say whether I am in favor of or against one or other option or if you prefer spending the cobblestones are inlaid artwork recognized. What I think is worth it, what made people think, extend the possibilities of Elections. Oh...! Think someone a consultation to decide what is done, another to decide how it's done ... Oh, that's the grace of ICT, as we shall see.

It goes without saying that I feel any better than its absence, and I applaud the initiative in general and ICT in particular, but let me put to you will explain my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment